WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM SUNDAY TO 7 AM ESTMONDAY…
* WHAT…Heavy snow expected, mixed with sleet at times. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 12 inches, with locally higher amounts. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.
* WHERE…Portions of south central, southwest and west central Virginia, north central and northwest North Carolina and southeast West Virginia.
* WHEN…From 1 AM Sunday to 7 AM EST Monday.
* IMPACTS…Travel could be very difficult to impossible. The hazardous conditions will likely impact the Monday morning commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…The heavy snow and gusty winds, especially Sunday afternoon through Monday, may down tree limbs and cause power outages. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel…have a winter survival kit with you. Please report snow and sleet accumulations via email at email@example.com or by calling the National Weather Service toll free at…1…866…2 1 5…4 3 2 4. Leave a message with your observation and the specific location where it occurred. You can also post your report to National Weather Service Blacksburg Facebook page and on Twitter. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1. &&